Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Conversation I just had

My friend is getting married this Saturday. She's a bit of a low-maintenance tomboy. She rides horses. She doesn't dress up.

Her husband-to-be insists she wear high-heels at their wedding. On the beach.

Yeah, that's what I said, too.

So she tells me her mom took her shopping and bought her a pair of shoes. This is how she told me the story:

"My mother bought me a killer pair of heels, and when I say killer, I mean they're gonna kill me."

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that's hysterical.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight, Left Coast fiance, beach wedding. Yup, they're all nuts there aren't they?
He must be a sadist. Tell her to run, not walk, AWAY. Does he want to spend their honeymoon in the hospital with her getting her ankle plated and screwed back in place?

Sky's Florida wedding was in the church and she wore beautiful heels (yeah, I didn't believe it either). But they had baskets of brand new pairs of flip flops at the entrance to the beach reception.

Ashley's Florida church wedding, she wore bejeweled white flip flops under her formal white gown.

Just my opinion, worth just what it cost ya.