Thursday, February 7, 2008

Junk Mail Revenge

Ok, now in addition to my obsession with finding money, I'm becoming obsessed with exacting revenge on junk mailers.

Today's sights are set on Capital One Small Business Solutions. They fill my mailbox CONSTANTLY with credit card offers, so I've decided to send them a gift in return. Last year, I bought The Jungle Book when it came out on DVD and I got a free King Louie stuffed animal with my purchase. As much as I love King Louie, I have no use for him in my office, so I'm sending him to Capital One in a box I've been saving for such an occasion. Of course, I'm using their generous, no-postage-necessary envelope to mail this gift to them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give 'em heck girl!!!!

truewonder said...

I love your attitude, you are my hero. You take junk and make it funk-y, especially with Louie there...And your pic to the side there...Lorrie, I do believe you are one stunning beauty! From a raving one, Take care-

Jan said...

one thought...do you know for sure that this is 'legal'? i love the idea...but, since you are publicly displaying your actions, do you think this could come back to 'haunt' you in any way? just a thought...not that i don't agree with you. i'd like to do the same thing. in fact, i'm still considering it!

Lorrie said...

Jan, You bring up a good point that I've considered. I taped an envelope to a box of stuff the other day and put it in the hands of the mailman and he looked at it closely, but didn't bat an eye. I'm going to look into this issue more. Meanwhile, I'm still saving boxes. :o)