Saturday, December 8, 2007

VISTE Needs Volunteers

Volunteers in Service to the Elderly needs volunteers to deliver personal care boxes between Dec. 10-20 to about 450 senior citizens.

The boxes contain toiletry items. If you can help, please call (863) 284-0828.

I volunteered to deliver Thanksgiving meals last month through VISTE, and am glad I did. First of all, it took very little of my time. I actually spent more time waiting in line to pick up the meals than it took me to deliver them and visit with the recipients for a few minutes.

There's a good reason why I waited so long in line- there were so many volunteers, it took a while for them to filter through.

So if you want to give of your time this holiday season, but you don't have a lot of time to give, I recommend taking advantage of this opportunity.

No comments: