Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Sounds of the Dentist's Office

I went to a new dentist last week. He bought the practice of my former dentist. Anyhoo, after meeting the new dentist, it was off to the hygienist's chair for my routine teeth cleaning.

As she's putting the final polish on my pearly whites, I hear a strange sound coming from a nearby exam room. I couldn't be sure, but it was the sound of excruciating pain, or it was an orgasm. Either way, it freaked me out.

The hygienist rolls her eyes and says, "Some people are so melodramatic when they are at the dentist's office."

As I'm checking out, the dentist walks by and I ask him, "What in the world are you doing to that woman?"

It turns out she had an infected tooth. I guess that rules out the orgasm.

I looked at him and said, "I picked a good time to get the hell outta here."

Note to self: never let my toothaches get so bad that no one will be able to tell if my screams are in ecstacy or morbid pain.

No comments: