Thursday, August 30, 2007

It's Funny How Things All Come Together

Recently I happened across a GREAT blog for freelance writers and editors, called Freelance Writing Jobs.

I've been wandering around blogger.com lately, trying to figure out how to make my blog look as cool as the Freelance Writing Jobs blog. I want to put ads on my page. I want to offer relevant information to other freelance writers and start up some meaningful dialog. I also just want a place to do my creative writing and be silly.

The frustration has mounted as I've tried unsuccessfully to do all of this. Last night, in a fit of desperation, I posted a blog at Polk Voice, a local blog that is a product of our daily paper here in Lakeland, The Ledger.

I said I needed a blogging coach. And by this morning, one of the more dedicated bloggers, whose blog is Lakeland Local, had answered the call and offered to help me. He was just in time, too. I was ready to start pulling out my hair.

Then this afternoon, a friend of mine who works for the Polk County government told me about a FREE (no joke) conference on blogging that will be held in Orlando next month.

Yesterday, here I was, lost and helpless in blogland. Flash forward to this afternoon and now I have two awesome opportunities to get some questions answered.

Life is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Freelance Writing Jobs is in Wordpress, so I'm not sure about the template, but you can insert ads on blogger pretty easily too. If you click on "template" then on "add a page element" and then "adsense" you can ad those types of ads. I hope the blogging class works out for you. I'd like to take one myself.