Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Ledger Buys The News-Chief

Well, kiddies, the big news in Polk County today is that The Ledger has purchased the last (feeble) attempt at good, old-fashioned competition among newspapers. Other bloggers have written some great posts on it, so I'm not going to re-hash this. Instead, I'll kindly refer you to Chuck's post today at Lakeland Local, Josh's take on the situation at Empirical Polk, and the Tribune perspective from Billy at the Polk County News Blog.

Here's what I want to do: let's have a contest to rename the paper! I know Chuck is longing for The Ledger to return to The Lakeland Ledger. But with the combining of The Ledger's East Polk section and the News-Chief, there have to be some great renaming ideas out there. So put on your thinking caps and send me your suggestions.

No comments: